dev & ops 分别对change的态度, 决定了...
devOps 是随着agile实践一步步发展而来, agile 先是在开发team, 后延续到ops team. 它强调的是合作, 沟通.
dev: change code, and want to delivery quickly to production;
ops: no change for production, keep it stable;
- Patrick Debois coined the term DevOps in 2009 while organizing the
DevOpsDays conference in Belgium.
- Patrick Debois ran a session called “Agile Operations and
Infrastructure: How Infra-gile Are You?”4 at the Agile 2008
conference in Toronto and published a paper with a similar name.
- Marcel Wegermann published a e-mail list called “Agile System
- John Allspaw gave a presentation called “10+ Deploys per Day: Dev
and Ops Cooperation”7 at the Velocity 2009 conference in San Jose.
- Steven Blank published a book called Four Steps to the Epiphany.
- Eric Ries published The Lean Startup9 and others have written on the
“lean startup” scene.
- The 451 Group published the first analyst report on DevOps (titled
“The Rise of DevOps”10) in September 2010.
DevOps can be examined from the following overlapping perspectives:
- Metrics and measurement view: This aspect addresses quality and
testing and stresses shared incentives.
- Process view: This aspect covers congruence and flow to gain fast
feedback and set up a holistic process.
- Technical view: This aspect discusses fast feedback through
automation, particularly automatic releasing, specification by
example, and infrastructure as code.